Describes the policies and procedures on the collection, use, disclosure
and protection of your information
Added on : May 9, 2020 09:00 AM (IST)
Last updated on : May 9, 2020 09:00 AM (IST)
- The terms ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to the user of the Vardaan Platform.
- The term ‘Services’ refers to any services offered by Vardaan whether on the Vardaan or otherwise.
- By using the Vardaan Platform and the Services, you agree and consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage, disclosure and sharing of your information as described and collected by us in accordance with this Policy.
- If you do not agree with the Policy, please do not use or access the Vardaan Platform.
- We may occasionally update this Policy and such changes will be posted on this page. If we make any significant changes to this Policy we will endeavor to provide you with reasonable notice of such changes, such as via prominent notice on the Vardaan Platform or to your mobile number on record and where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent.
- To the extent permitted under the applicable law, your continued use of our Services after we publish or send a notice about our changes to this Policy shall constitute your consent to the updated Policy.
Links to Other Websites
- The Vardaan Platform may contain links to other websites. Any personal information about you collected while visiting such websites is not governed by this Policy.
- Vardaan shall not be responsible for and has no control over the practices and content of any website accessed using the links contained on the Vardaan Platform.
- This Policy shall not apply to any information you may disclose to any of our service providers/service personnel which we do not require you to disclose to us or any of our service providers under this Policy.
Use of your Information
- Information you give us – This includes information submitted when you:
- Create or update your Vardaan account, which may include your name, email, phone number, address, and profile picture. If you sign in to the Vardaan Platform through third-party sign-in services such as mobile number authentication through otp, an option of which may be provided to you by Vardaan at its sole discretion, you will be allowing us to pass through and receive from the SNS your log-in information and other user data.
- Provide content to us, which may include reviews, your store items, orders and the contact information of people you refer to us and other information you provide on the Vardaan Platform (‘Your Content’).
- Report problems for troubleshooting.
- Information we collect about you – With regard to each of your visits to the Vardaan Platform, we will automatically collect and analyse the following demographic and other information:
- When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through the Vardaan Platform or any other social platforms), we may maintain a record of your communication.
- Location information: Depending on the Services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your real time information or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address etc.
- Usage and Preference Information: We collect information as to how you interact with our Services, preferences expressed and settings chosen.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the devices you use to access our Services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names, and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track your usage of the Vardaan Platform.
- Stored information and files: Vardaan mobile application (Vardaan app) may also access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your mobile device. This may include, for example, photographs, personal contacts and address book information. If you permit the Vardaan app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate quick interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this Policy or at the time of consent or collection.
- Information we receive from other sources:
- We may receive information about you from third parties, such as other users, partners (including ad partners, analytics providers, search information providers), or our affiliated companies or if you use any of the other websites/apps we operate or the other Services we provide. Users of our Ad Services and other third-parties may share information with us such as the cookie ID, device ID, or demographic or interest data, and information about content viewed or actions taken on a third-party website, online services or apps.
- Authenticating users,
- Remembering user preferences and settings,
- Determining the popularity of content,
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services.
- A pixel tag (also called a web beacon or clear GIF) is a tiny graphic with a unique identifier, embedded invisibly on a webpage (or an online ad or email), and is used to count or track things like activity on a webpage or ad impressions or clicks, as well as to access cookies stored on users’ computers. We use pixel tags to measure the popularity of our various pages, features, and services.
- We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics.
Use of your Information
- We use the information what we collect for the following purposes, including:
- To provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services, such as to enable deliveries and other services, enable features to personalize your Vardaan account.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the relevant information and services.
- To administer and enhance the security of our Vardaan Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To provide you with information about services we consider similar to those that you are already using, or have enquired about, or may interest you. If you are a registered user, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS or telephone) with information about these services.
- To understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), make special offers, provide customer support, process and respond to your queries.
- To generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services if any.
- We may combine the information that we receive from third parties with the information you give to us and the information we collect about you for the purposes set out above. Further, we may anonymize and/or de-identify information collected from you through the Services or via other means, including via the use of third-party web analytic tools. As a result, our use and disclosure of aggregated and/or de-identified information are not restricted by this Policy, and it may be used and disclosed to others without limitation.
- We analyze the log files of our Vardaan Platform that may contain Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring, app crashes, page viewed and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. This helps us to administer the website, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Disclosure and Ditribution of your Information
- We may share the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- For Crime Prevention or Investigation: We may share this information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us, when we are:
- Obligated under the applicable laws or in good faith to respond to court orders and processes; or
- Detecting and preventing against the actual or potential occurrence of identity theft, fraud, abuse of Services and other illegal acts;
- Responding to claims that an advertisement, posting or other content violates the intellectual property rights of a third party;
- For Internal Use: We may share your information with any present or future member of our “Group” (as defined below)or affiliates for our internal business purposes The term “Group” means, with respect to any person, any entity that is controlled by such person, or any entity that controls such person, or any entity that is under common control with such person, whether directly or indirectly, or, in the case of a natural person, any Relative (as such term is defined in the Companies Act, 1956 and Companies Act, 2013 to the extent applicable) of such person.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- We may share your information other than as described in this Policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Data Security Precautions
- We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to secure the information collected by us.
- Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the Vardaan Platform.
- Once we have received your information, we will use strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive SMS from Vardaan. Note that you cannot opt-out of receiving certain administrative notices, service notices, or legal notices from Vardaan.
Grievance Officer & Vardaan Platform Security
- If you have any queries relating to the processing or usage of information provided by you in connection with this Policy, please email us at [email protected] or write to our Grievance Officer at the address: Flat A10-1204, ELITA PROMENADE, JP NAGAR 7TH PHASE ,RBI LAYOUT Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078.
- Further, please note that the Vardaan Platform stores your data with the cloud platform of Google Cloud Platform provided by Google LLC., which may store this data on their servers located outside of India as well. Google Cloud Platform has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information, details of which are available at https://cloud.google.com/